The Käte Hamburger Kolleg "Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe" invites applications for
Research Fellowships for periods of 3 to 6 months during the academic year October 2018 - September 2019.
The KHK invites applications from scholars who are working on case studies of religious encounters with a focus on a particular geographical region, a particular period of time and a particular constellation of encounters between two or more religions. Each case study will map the occasions as well as the historical and social contexts of such encounters. Most importantly, the proposals will have to address the issues (e.g. doctrine, practice, cosmology, etc.) relevant to the respective contact situations.
Please check the respective period of time and particular constellation of encounters here: http://khk.ceres.rub.de/en/fellowships-2018-2019/
What we can offer:
- time and space for research in a high-quality interdisciplinary environment;
- up to EURO 5,800 per month fellowship as a grant or as a salary for fellows, as a substitute at their home institution;
- an excellent infrastructure (location near Bochum Campus in Germany, libraries, inter-library loan etc.);
- travel expenses related to research activities (subject to approval);
- means for organizing conferences or workshops on religious contacts (subject to approval).
What we expect:
- the publication of results from your case study in the form of one or more articles as a contribution to our online journal Entangled Religions;
- the willingness to make use, in your case study, of theoretical concepts developed at the KHK over the past years, including specific critical evaluations of of e.g. “purity”, “secret”, “tradition”, “media”, “the senses”, “the immanence/transcendence-distinction” and “dynamics/stability”;
- your residence and continuous presence in Bochum during your fellowship;
- your committed participation to the activities of the Käte Hamburger Kolleg.
- applicants must at least hold a Ph.D.
Ruhr-Universität Bochum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and members of minorities to apply. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current CV, including a list of publications, and an exposé of the intended research (approximately 3-5 pages). Application materials should be submitted by e-mail only as a single pdf-file. Please send your application before August 31, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org