"Research Agenda Symposium.
World History: Interactions and Globalizations"
This international conference, including thirty-seven presenters from
fourteen countries and an additional fifteen invited observers, will
debate and develop a common statement on major priorities in
The conference website ( www.worldhistorynetwork.org
<http://www.worldhistorynetwork.org/> ) displays the program plus
biographies and 1000-word statements from the presenters on priorities
in world-historical research. These statements are to be discussed in
six sessions: tasks for world historians, social science analysis,
cultural analysis, region and place in world history, human movement,
and networks and organization of research.
• Zvi Ben-Dor Benite, New York University
• H. Parker James, World History Network, Inc.
• Deborah Smith Johnston, Lexington High School
• David M. Kalivas, Middlesex Community College
• Patrick Manning, University of Pittsburgh
• Adam McKeown, Columbia University
• Stephen H. Rapp, Georgia State University
The Research Agenda Symposium is co-sponsored by the World History Network, Inc. and by the World History Association. In addition, the School of Arts and Sciences of the University of Pittsburgh has provided generous financial support for the conference.