This new organization is to gather scholars based in Africa or studying Africa to explore large-scale history. The association is expected to affiliate with the Association of African Historians. In addition, it is expected to affiliate with the Network of Global and World History Organizations (NOGWHISTO: www.uni-leipzig.de/~gwhisto/), a world-wide federation of global and world historical scholars.
CO-CHAIRS OF CONFERENCE PROGRAM COMMITTEE
(write for further information)
Peter Adebayo, Department of History, University of Ilorin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Patrick Manning, World History Center, University of Pittsburgh (email@example.com)
- Approximately 20 scholars to be selected
- Conference meals and housing provided by the University of Ilorin
- Transport between Lagos and Ilorin provided for those arriving by air
- Travel funding available for selected participants
- Conference languages: English and French, with non-simultaneous translation
DETAILS OF PROPOSAL
Applicants should submit
(1) a proposal of 100 to 300 words, describing a 20-minute oral presentation on a topic on global history, pan-African history, or connections in history at any level and
(2) a biographical statement or curriculum vitae of one page or less.
Proposals must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 15 September 2009. Successful applicants will be notified on 1 October 2009.