Lindenwood University has developed a Center for International and
Global Studies. The Center promotes international and global studies via academic instruction and research. It will produce an online peer reviewed multidisciplinary research publication called the Journal of International and Global Studies; publish high-quality book monographs; sponsor visiting professors; coordinate a lecture series; and help provide faculty and students with both research and study opportunities abroad.
The Center will also coordinate a new multidisciplinary MA program in
For more information about the MA program see
The Journal for International and Global Studies is seeking articles
that address today's global world. In particular, it seeks high-quality,
original work that is based on both theory and practice. We encourage submissions from all fields, but pay particular attention to
anthropology, education, geography, history, international relations,
international management, political science, religion, and sociology.
Specifically, the journal seeks:
- Studies that critically examine (i.e., not just describe) global
content, ideas, organizations, policies, or practices
- Studies that situate phenomena within their local, national,
regional, or global context
- Studies that consider international and global phenomena
historically and in the present
- Studies that are explicitly based in conceptual frameworks,
representing one or more established, emerging, or grounded paradigms
- Studies that are based upon qualitative data, quantitative data,
policy documents or other texts from existing scholarship
- Studies that explore major international and global issues
Materials submitted to the JI&GS are judged on the following criteria:
(1) use of a theoretical or conceptual framework,
(2) acknowledgment of relevant literature,
(3) originality in analysis,
(4) appropriateness of methodological approach,
(5) contribution to the advancement of knowledge,
(6) use of a global perspective, and
(7) clarity of expression.
For details on Submission of Manuscripts see
We will also publish book reviews in the journal. If you are interested
in reviewing a book on a topic dealing with globalization issues, please
The deadline for the submission of essays and book reviews for the first issue of the journal is July 1, 2009.
We are also seeking high-quality book manuscripts dealing with
globalization topics for publication through the Center.
If you are interested in publishing your manuscript through the Center, please send an abstract of your monograph or proposed monograph to
We look forward to receiving essays, book reviews, and proposals for
book monographs from all over the world on globalization issues.