CALL FOR CHAPTER CONTRIBUTIONS
Ghana and the Global South: Brazil-West Africa Relations- Essays in Honor of Dr. S.Y. Boadi-Siaw
Dr. S.Y. Boadi-Siaw is one of the most remarkable academics at the University of Cape Coast. He has served with distinction in active duty and retirement. For the longest time, a “lone star” in a galaxy of stars, he is the only colleague to specialize in Latin American history and has taught all courses in this field of history for close to four decades. He is also one of the leading scholars, if not the leading scholar in this field in Ghana. His legacy is impressive in teaching and research, being one of his generation's longest-serving faculty members, scholars, and administrators at the University of Cape Coast. Of course, the extensive list of students he has mentored speaks volumes to his work and is a testament to his patience in teaching and mentoring students. His scholarship on Brazil, the African diaspora, and the History of UCC are difficult to replicate, given that we have no other faculty of his stature to continue his work when he finally decides to enjoy his much-earned rest from teaching, research, and writing.
This project seeks to highlight and make available and accessible to a new generation of scholars and students the work of senior colleagues whose influential contributions to scholarship have had a tremendous impact on the field, their colleagues, and their students who now occupy several important positions in the country.
This volume of the Series also seeks to examine and interrogate approaches to studying, writing, and teaching the history of Ghana and the Global South - theories, ideas, paradigms, and the overall approach to Africa and African Diaspora History.
This volume seeks to answer these basic questions, among others:
- The nature of the historiography of the African diaspora in Ghana’s History?
- Pan-Africanism and the African Diaspora.
- Brazilian - Ghana Cooperation in our time.
- The Tabon People of Accra, Ghana
- The contribution of the journal Transactions of the Historical Society of Ghana or Ghana Notes & Queries to the study and teaching of Ghana history?
- Teaching Ghanaian History in High Schools now that it is part of the curriculum?
- The contribution of Dr. S.Y. Boadi-Siaw to the development of the field of Latin American history in Ghana or Ghana history in particular?
- Teaching Caribbean History or Latin American history in Ghanaian Universities.
- Tours and Tour Guides in the Slave Forts and Castles, and Dungeons especially Cape Coast and Elmina.
- Dr. Boadi-Siaw as an administrator.
- The Life and Work of Dr. Boadi Siaw: A Biographical Account
- Dr. S.Y. Boadi-Siaw as a Lecturer - teacher, and mentor.
- Dr. Boadi-Siaw and the History Department.
- The Unpublished articles of Dr. S.Y. Boadi-Siaw.
- Dr. Boadi-Siaw as a Family man.
Anyone interested in contributing a chapter should send a 150-word abstract to Edmund Abaka, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Bright Petiafo at email@example.com or to Eric Osei Prempeh at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2023. Full chapters are expected by February 29, 2024.